Hey dolls ;) LET’S TALK LIPS...(guys you're in on this too)
How exactly do we care for our lips? These lips do a lot of work you know, they talk, quarrel, gossip, eat, yimu (lol), perk ..... and then some. So they need some love. Your natural lip is the number 1 base for any other jara. Covering with lipsticks or loads of lip gloss just doesn't do it. If its chapped, dry and crusty, no amount of lip gloss or ruby woo will cover the disaster underneath. Chapped lips with lipsticks/lip gloss on them is a HOT MESS.COM.
TIPS TO THE RESCUE
· Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate: this is very necessary to reduce dryness, wrinkles and cracks, you can whip up a mixture quickly at home, make a paste by mixing sugar with olive oil or lip balm, use the paste to scrub your lips several times (i didn't say peel the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd layer of your skin ooo) this will leave your lips soft, smooth and yummy. If you don’t have such time you can buy a lip exfoliator looks just like a lipstick go back and forth with it against your lips and wipe off...voila! beautiful lips.
Your toothbrush could also serve as an exfoliator (i would like to assume we all brush everyday). While brushing your teeth, brush your lips too this is a quick way to remove flakes and dead skin cells, after that MOISTURIZE.
· Moisturise: what’s exfoliating without moisturising? After exfoliating please moisturise to protect your lips from dryness, cracking and chapping. Use a good lip balm or even good ol’ vaseline to keep your lips moisturised. I recommend moisturizing lightly when applying a matte lipstick as this helps the lipstick sit well on your lips and your lips don’t feel dry.
· Avoid biting your lips this can cause sores, scars and dark marks on your lips (not sexy)
· Quit using your natural moisturiser (your saliva...eewwwww) it only helps your lips get dryer
· Use lip balms with mint in them the tingly sensation helps condition your lips
· Massage your lips day and night especially at night apply loads and loads of lip balm (nobody dey look u)
Phew.....all this tips, dos and don’ts take note your lips won’t still be attractive if you don’t SMILEJ
Products recommended: Body Shop Lip Balms, Victoria’s Secret Lip Balms, Elf lip Exfoliator, Blistex lip protectant, Vaseline.
Errrmmmm.....speaking of lips who do you think's got the sexiest lips in Nollywood?.........hehehe